The philosophy of care of Express Healthcare is founded on the intention to provide the highest practicable standard of person centred care based on the following principles:-
- Our service is welcoming and supportive, ensuring clients feel comfortable, relaxed and assured of our concern for their welfare.
- Our carers endeavour to help clients maintain their independence and enable them to achieve realistic goals.
- Our clients are cared for by appropriately trained staff.
- Care will be carried out to meet individual’s needs; these will be reassessed and reviewed regularly.
- Provide a friendly professional service, employing carers who are carefully selected to offer a level of care, dedication and commitment.
As Dignity in Care champions we work to meet the challenge of the Department of Health’s ten Dignity in Care standards, these are:
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family.
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service.
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants.
- Respect people’s right to privacy.
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution.
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners.
- Assist people to maintain confidence and a positive self esteem.
- Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation.